FDA has healthy aging tips to help you age fabulously. Healthy aging includes great practices like eating healthy, preventing typical medication errors, handling health conditions, getting recommended screenings, and being active.
1. Consume a Healthy Diet
Good nutrition and food safety are specifically essential for older grownups. As you age, you might be more prone to foodborne health problem and food poisoning. You likewise require to make certain you eat a healthy, balanced diet. Follow these ideas to help you make smart food choices and practice safe food handling.
• Food Security Tips for Older Grownups
• Consume for a Healthy Heart
• Sodium in Your Diet
• Utilizing the Nutrition Information Label
• Food Portion Sizes: Get a Truth Check
2. Prevent Common Medication Errors
Medicines can treat health issue and assist you live a long, healthy life. When used improperly, medications can also trigger serious health issue. Use these resources to help you make wise choices about the prescription and over-the-counter medications you take.
• 4 Tips to Assist You Utilize Medicines Carefully
• My Medicines – A Recordkeeper to help you monitor your medications
• Medicines and You: A Guide for Older Adults
• Some Medicines and Driving Do Not Mix
• Info about Specific Drugs
• Tablet Splitting
• Purchasing Medicines Online
3. Manage Health Conditions
It is necessary that you work with your health care service provider to manage health conditions like diabetes, osteoporosis, and hypertension. Discover more about the gadgets and medications used to treat these common health problems.
• Heart Health for Women
• Ladies and Diabetes
• Females and Depression
• Dealing With Amnesia
• Hearing Aids
• Things to Think About when Using a Medical Device in Your Home
4. Get Evaluated
Health screenings are a crucial method to help recognize illness– in some cases prior to you show any symptoms or indications. Ask your health care provider which health screenings are right for you and find out how often you ought to get evaluated.
• Colon Cancer Screening
• HIV Evaluating
• Other Screening Tests for Ladies
5. Be Active
Exercise and physical activity can assist you remain fit and strong. You do not need to go to a fitness center to workout. Talk to your doctor about safe manner ins which you can be active. Have a look at these resources from FDA and our federal government partners.
• Go4Life – An Exercise and Physical Activity Campaign from the National Institute on Aging
• Exercise for Females
• Be Smart about Treating Muscle Pains: Do not Double Up on Acetaminophen ( It remains in medications for muscle discomforts, colds, fevers, and headaches.)
My recommendation: Toward Healthy Aging